Friday, May 30, 2008

Our Mommy Robin



Our Robin disappeared for a few weeks and then she showed up again on Wednesday. I think she has laid her eggs because all she does is sit in her nest. She is a dedicated bird. When it rained the other day I wanted to put an umbrella over her head. Us moms have got to stick together, right? Anyway I didn't bring her an umbrella because she would have probably flown away and she's got feathers anyway...

Here's a poem dedicated to all the worms in our yard:

Early Bird
Oh, if you’re a bird, be an early bird
And catch the worm for your breakfast plate.
If you’re a bird, be an early bird—
But if you’re a worm, sleep late.
by: Shel Silverstein

3 comments:

mary jane said...

Love the poem and love the little blue eggs-how sweet!!

Jamie and Brady said...

Maybe you could have Shane build them a little roof...= )

Angel Aimee said...

These are great pictures! It looks like that mommy bird went to an awful lot of work to build that nest! Can your kids still swing?