Butternut Squash Casserole
3 lbs butternut squash
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 egss slightly beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
1 cup grated cheddar sheese, divided
Cut squash into large chunks. Cook in boiling water until tender (about 20 minutes). Drain well. Remove peel and mash. Set aside. In a bowl microwave butter and onion for two minutes. Stir into squash. In a bowl combine remaining ingredients, using only 1/4 cup of the cheese. Add to squash and stir together. Pour into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
1 comment:
Sarah,
I LOVE butternut squash! I have tried to grow it 2 years in a row with no success. I can't wait to try this recipe!
Post a Comment