Saturday, August 30, 2008

Raspberries and Scriptures

I have decided that picking raspberries is like reading your scriptures. If you don't do it everyday, you will miss some berries. When I skip picking raspberries for a few days, many of the berries are overripe or shriveled on their stalk. Seeing these yucky berries always gives me berry remorse. When I forget to read my scriptures I sometimes wonder what great berries of inspiration I might have missed...Also, picking berries in the morning is the easiest. If you wait to pick them you have to fight the wasps. The wasps are always asleep in the morning. When I wait to read my scriptures I have to fight all the other things I have to do during the day...

3 comments:

mary jane said...

Sarah,
I love your analogy-that is so true! Thanks for sharing!

Brady Lewis said...

Hey! Welcome back stranger! Glad to hear you are feeling better, and avoiding satanic wasps = )

Leslie said...

Sarah,
Yeah! Your name was drawn as one of the winners! Now I just need some info. from you. I don't have your e-mail, so be sure to get in touch with me. Thanks!

Leslie
P.S. You are so sweet for the nice post!